Where are the most effective locations to place your home security cameras in Little Rock? As a general rule, you have three major regions of your property for camera installations: your front door, the outside perimeter, and select interior spaces. Although your security installer can advise where to start, consider the following best practices on where to place your home security cameras at your home.
Don’t Forget To Safeguard Your Main Entrance
Even though it might seem absurd that an intruder would try to just enter through the front door, 34% of intrusions happen at this passageway. There are also porch pirates among other dangers to consider. Doorbell surveillance is able to manage these types of worries with high-definition, wide-angle viewing.
Doorbell surveillance is nice as you have the ability to speak with people who come and press the button. Through your mobile application, like ADT Control, you can reply to all engagements with 2-way talk and live feeds and look like you’re home. When a person begins doing something criminal, you can have your camera automatically document the event on video and deliver it to your smartphone through a text.
Plan Ahead to Maximize Coverage With Your Exterior Surveillance System
Determining where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home can be a daunting task. Fortunately, there are some useful tips to make sure your home is safeguarded appropriately.
- Cameras at the corners of your Little Rock home provide a better viewing angle, letting you see two segments of your exterior.
- Position underneath an eave or straight into a piece of siding or exterior trim are ideal locations for surveillance devices as they will be somewhat hidden by the edge of your house.
- Over your garage, as the garage door is a more likely passageway for burglars than you may know!
- Overlooking a deck or back door -- or any doorway that can’t be seen from the street.
In each of these spots, you should always prune any overgrown plants or trees that could obscure your ability to see clearly.
Tips To Get The Highest Level of Performance From Your Indoor Video Equipment
You have more options on where to place home security cameras on the interior of your residence in Little Rock. That same adaptability means you have more factors to contemplate:
- Windows and Sunlight: Even though you should make sure your windows are secure, the natural light through a window might cause glare and affect your surveillance footage. Aim your interior camera lens away from direct sunlight to circumvent this issue.
- Utilize Height: Similar to a watchtower, a surveillance device positioned in an elevated area will provide a more panoramic view. Try placing your cameras at the top of bookshelves or mounted on the ceiling.
- Prevent Access by Children and Pets: Your surveillance system won’t be able to protect you if it’s broken. Place your devices in locations where children or pets aren’t able to interact with them. You could try mounting or another means to secure them to be certain they won’t wobble if mistakenly jostled.
- Conceal Your Cameras But Don’t Block the View: The greatest security camera won’t do much good if you’ve got a decorative item or plant in the way. However, interior decor and plant life can also serve as a means to hide your security equipment. Just ensure they don’t obscure the lens!
Secure24 Alarm Systems Knows Where To Place Your Home Security Cameras
If you want the right placement of your home security cameras and additional security components, use the experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the perfect system for your entire property -- safeguarding all areas. Simply contact (501) 226-1522 or complete the following form to start your project.