What To Know About Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Little Rock
You realize you need to defend your home. Above all else, it provides shelter for your spouse and children and is where you store your possessions. But what form of home security is best? Determining if you should utilize 24-hour monitoring is one of the leading considerations you need to make. Learn more about the advantages and drawbacks of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Little Rock and get a better sense of what’s right for you.
Core Considerations Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you select round-the-clock monitoring, your home’s defense links to a professional monitoring organization that is ready to provide help at any moment. Whenever a door sensor activates or a fire alarm starts to sound, your monitoring professionals are issued a prompt notification. They quickly go to work to validate the alarm and contact the appropriate emergency services.
Conversely, an unmonitored system doesn’t have professional backup. You might consider this option as self-monitored, which means that if your alarm goes off, you have to act to resolve it. This choice is the cheaper alternative, but it also impacts your peace of mind.
Pros And Cons Of A Monitored Security System In Little Rock
Here’s a brief look at the benefits and downsides of a monitored security system.
Advantages Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having 24-hour support on your side is always smart. If you are not on site, asleep, or without your cell phone, your residence and its inhabitants will still be protected.
- Quicker response: Monitoring agents are always prepared. They’ll reply faster to emergencies than you can alone.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security could qualify you for a discount on your home insurance premium.
- Top-of-the-line components and seamless integration: When you receive equipment, installation, and monitoring from a respected home security expert, you will gain access to a cohesive system with sensors and alarms that may be better than what you will find on your own.
Downsides Of A Monitored System
- Cost: You will have a monthly fee for monitoring.
- Typically required to use professional installation: Many individuals would rather have the install taken care of by skilled professionals, but some DIYers might want to do it by themselves.
- Required to sign a contract: You will typically be required to sign a contract as part of your package. This stipulation is likely to be agreeable for most as home security is a service you will want indefinitely.
Benefits And Downsides Of An Unmonitored Security System In Little Rock
Here’s a quick breakdown of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Advantages Of An Unmonitored System
- Affordability: You won’t have a monitoring fee.
- Install on your own: Do-it-yourselfers could deem this to be an advantage as they can do the installation themselves and circumvent an added fee. Others will prefer going with a skilled technician.
- Higher Level of Flexibility: You are able to install components whenever you desire - and from different manufacturers. However, you might find integrating into a seamless system more complex.
- Control: There won’t be an outside company monitoring your alarms. If an urgent situation takes place, it’s up to you to get assistance.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No support system: What happens when you’ve misplaced your cell phone and don’t receive a security alert? This scenario will generate more stress and less peace of mind.
- Calls for your complete attention: Since you are the sole person in charge, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- Integrating the system is up to you: If you need help during the install, you may have to hire a separate contractor. The installation is also likely to be more time-intensive.
Stay Protected With a Monitored Home Security System In Little Rock
Get the round-the-clock support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Little Rock from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re sure you’ll agree that a cohesive, monitored home security system is the ideal solution for you. Dial (501) 226-1522 today to get started.